Academic Program Coordinator, Intermediate
Location: College of Education
Job ID: 606889
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation’s preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
The Academic Program Coordinator Intermediate position will assist in the maintenance and coordination of relevant tasks related to academic departments in the College of Education (COE). The primary role of this position is to ensure the smooth functioning of the unit, ensuring the implementation of policies and practices, and assists in conducting oversight, review, and analysis of the effectiveness and compliance of COE’s academic departments/programs.
Administrative & Financial Support – 40%
- Manages calendar, telephone, email (COE-DEAN) and travel support for Associate Dean.
- Acts as main point of contact for Associate Dean’s Office and other program stakeholders or constituents, responsible for answering general questions regarding COE programs.
- Coordinates academic paperwork processes including commencement related activities; ensuring policies and practices are followed by COE academic departments.
- Update gift and donor letters and print Gift Access Reports; disseminate as needed.
- Coordinate college level mini research grants/travel grants support.
- Accesses PeopleSoft, Louie and/or Enterprise Reporting to obtain data and create reports at Associate Dean’s request.
- May assist with search committee support for programs without academic support, as requested.
Event Coordination – 35%
- Manage and support college events for the Operations Manager by assisting with managing logistics and scheduling.
- Responsible for participant communications for workshops, meetings, and other related department events.
- Creates event budgets and ensures expenditures remain within budget.
- May be responsible for event coordination in relation to multiple program(s) within COE.
Program Recruitment & Outreach – 20%
- Assists in program marketing, coordinates and schedules program information sessions and coordinates with prospective applicants.
- Distributes, collects, and processes forms and documents related to COE program(s), including enrollment and petition forms.
- Assists with student weekly recruitment communications along with other student communications.
- Manages and maintain academic program websites for the college.
- Maintains the COE social media presence, keeping all established platforms updated.
- Collaborate with department chairs for updated program information, disseminate updates to all social media and website pages.
Other – 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience required.
- A combination of related education, experience and training may be used as an equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements.
- 3 or more years of progressive administrative and event planning experience within a higher educational setting.
- Familiarity with NAU reporting software systems.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint, Google applications and Canva.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders (students, staff, faculty) in a higher education setting.
- Skilled in organization and coordination of complex projects.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to the College of Education and Northern Arizona University.
- Knowledge of budgeting and account reconciliation principles.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and principles.
- Program coordination and execution.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Works independently as well as a collaborative team member.
- Exercises good judgement and professionalism.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $41,421. Annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU’s BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee’s start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
January 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, [email protected], or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.