We are an Enterprise that has always pushed the boundaries of what’s possible — not just through our products and technologies but also through Associate growth and development. As Bill Gore once said, “Every time we learn a new skill, some new knowledge and take on a new responsibility, or a new kind of activity, we have promoted ourselves.” In this spirit, we encourage Associates to explore outside their comfort zones and seek opportunities that are challenging and that help them reach their sweet spot and grow their contributions to the Enterprise.
About the Industry: Externally focused, disciplined innovation drives Gore to develop new technology and create new products. Combining our materials science expertise with market insights, we deliver solutions that improve lives – from medical devices that heal patients, to fabrics that protect first responders in the line of duty. Learn More.
About the Role:
The Core Technology organization within Gore works with all our business divisions to conceptualize, develop and produce fluoropolymer intermediates and composites for incorporation into Gore Products. The team in Flagstaff, Arizona is seeking an energetic, self-motivated engineer to partner with new product development teams in medical businesses in order to provide guidance on material selection and champion material development across membrane, lamination, imbibing, or other complimentary processes and form factors.
- Interfacing with new product development teams to effectively drive incorporation of new and derivative materials into new Gore medical products.
- Supporting new product development teams in establishing the tie-in between product fitness-for-use and material attributes
- Driving and documenting the material specification development per quality system requirements.
- Having hands-on experimental design and execution, prototype generation, functional test method development and material evaluation
- Designing and developing materials and related processes while working in close cooperation with other technical teams within Core Technology
- Clearly defining the scope and deliverables for material development projects; driving accountability through regular project reviews and communication to stakeholders
- Being knowledgeable of all available process and material technologies within Core Technology to ensure that the right material technology is selected for a new product based on functional and business requirements
- Partnering with Core Technology Supply Chain associates to understand short and long term production equipment capacity as it relates to new product development and supply
- Partnering with engineering and manufacturing on the scale-up and validation of new material production. This may include the execution and documentation of screening, range-finding and process mapping experiments
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a minimum 3 years of experience in process, product, or new product/ materials development post-graduation
- Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply this knowledge to advance product development and solve complex technical problems
- Knowledge of experimental design and ability to apply statistics to drive data based decision making
- Strong proficiency in communication and presentation of technical work, both written and verbal
- Effectively interact and influence cross-functional teams, as well as work independently
- Willingness to sign IP and Confidentiality agreements
- Proven ability to:
- Prioritize, plan, and drive multiple projects concurrently from development to completion
- Adapt to rapidly evolving technical needs; navigate ambiguity to breakdown problems to identify and define potential solutions
- Ability to travel periodically (<15%)
- Experience working within a quality system and using project management tools
- Experience in translating product performance to material structure and properties and supporting the implementation of this know-how into manufacturing.
- Experience in melt and/or solution polymer processing
What We Offer:
At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
Learn more about:
benefits, diversity, and growth & development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions via contact us.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: